We are a 501 (c) (3)
Look for our website coming in
October of 2023.
IN THEIR HANDS, started in 2020, with a campaign where videos of children's book authors reading their books are posted on Facebook for all to enjoy.
Where did the idea for this venture come from? How did this journey get started?
It was jumpstarted with a letter and snowballed from the generosity of others.
Create a partnership with the community to enhance literacy skills.
Envision a community where all have the opportunity to further their literacy skills
and positively affect their world.
We are currently working on developing the following programs.
1. We will build book nooks, fill them with children’s books, and place them in strategic locations to help promote literacy. This will be beneficial to children and parents.
2. Create Story Strolls that will allow adults and children or grandchildren to combine literacy skills and healthy exercise as they skip, hop, and through reading stations of stories and other information. The Story Strolls can be placed in parks, libraries, or other areas. We hope to present each book in both English and Spanish. Throughout the year, the stories will change.
3. Create children’s book clubs.
4. Create a six-week summer virtual writing program.
5. Assess the need to support libraries.
6. We hope to make available children’s books in braille.
7. We will help provide resources and foster relationships with schools, libraries, and other organizations.
Become a part of the fun. Join the IN THEIR HANDS Facebook group.
Click HERE to be taken to the Facebook page.
Below are some of the books we featured in October.
This is a short story in the publication process.
This story is in the publication process.